now browsing by month
Well what better then Friday? It being Freebie Friday! Act know before these freebies are gone and something new takes it place:
Take a look at this little gem you can find it right on the Silhouette site:
Found here: www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/133442
Miss Kate comes out with a new SVG every day be sure to take a look at her site here: http://www.misskatecuttables.com/
Is your little graduate going off to see the world or need something for a project get this free svg at: http://freesvgs.blogspot.com
What to show off your Memorial Day Pride check out http://burtonavenue.blogspot.com/ she always put something new every Friday!
Well I always wanted to make my own Shrinky Dinks. But…. Uhhhgg, I will need to go buy them online or at Diaso for $1.50 for one sheet. Who need the aggravation of going outside. And if you know me I’m all about the free.
So I went on to YouTube to see “if” it was possible to make my own charm. And sure enough it is. I sifted through a few videos and this one I like the best.
Next I went to online and found an image I liked.
Now I’m a firm believer of NOT stealing. I am not selling this, I just wanted to see if what “Jordan Sphinx” was saying was true. Can you use #6 Plastic in a confection oven to make a your own Shrinky Dinks? And the answer is Yes… yes you can.
The instruction were simple and the tips he gave on his YouTube video where spot on. So after cutting up my #6 plastic Chinese Food container. This is what I came out with.
Not to shabby right? Well… now that I have made this I’m looking all over the house for #6 plastic. But alas this little tidbit is all I could fine. I need to tell my hubby to order some more take out. hahahah!!! But in all seriousness Jordan Sphinx thanks for the help.
Since this is my first time ever making something for a teacher as a Mom, I really wanted to do something nice. I am very grateful for son’s teachers, since they made it fun to learn something new. My son is over the moon the things I made for his teachers.
For Teacher W I made her the following things
And this lovely Card
And for Teacher R I made her the following:
And Teacher R Card is:
Materials I used to make my apple cards:
- SVG – Silhouette Design Store – View Design #22835: apple Lettering Delights
- Card Stock – Recollections (but any corresponding card stock will do)
- Pop Dots
- Dollar Tree Note cars
- Target 1$ “You Rule” Stamp
- Sliver Flat Back Pearls by Michael’s
- Color Box Ink Set (was not used but if you want to shade your cards any stamp ink you like would work)
And this is how I put them together:
For the Mug and Paper Flowers I used the following:
- SVG –Silhouette Design Store – View Design #116430: 3d rolled rosebud flower
- 3d rolled rosebud flower
- Card Stock – Recollections Red, Navy Blue, and Green
- Hot Glue and sticks
- Styrofoam from the dollar tree
- Cooking Sticks
- Dollar Tree Mugs
- Sharpie Oil Pens
The Tutorial I used was from SimpleDIY’s
Well Lori Whitlock posted this on her Facebook:
And as nice this Mason Jar Box Card was I didn’t think it was worth the $1.49 she was asking for. If you look at it closely, it just a Jar SVG with two rectangles on its side. I guess its a box but I have always felt that a box had a base. You know to make it a box. My guess the side are about one inch maybe an inch and half. With a second jar “box” inside, maybe equaling half an inch. with random flowers and leaves slapped on to some blue card stock poles.
So I looked through my SVG that I had made…. However now that I think about it I am sure you can find any Jar SVG on the Silhouette Cameo website. Then added two rectangles on each end both equaling an inch. Put some score marks so it could fold. Repeated the process only making the rectangles half an inch so it could fit inside the “box” card.
Then I searched in my inventory for flowers and leaves, elongated the tabs and made them look like stems rather than just slapping on what ever color. And this is what mind looked like:
If you want to try this project yourself click on the image below and go a head and print it. You can even port it in to your silhouette cameo or Cricut studio.
Plus a “How To” tutorial right here:
Today we are using the three R’s, you know Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Well not really recycle, its more of an up-cycle. I am reducing trash by reusing it and up-cycling it. Which in a way its kind of like recycling it… right? HAHAH I guess not. Any whoo I have made a video about it. Which you guys can check out here below:
For Materials and other Measurements please see below:
Materials Used to create the above photo are:
- Card Sketches For Paper Crafts by PaperCrafts
Fiskars Cutting Tool
- Recollections Paper Navy Blue 12 x 12 inches (2)
- Recollections Paddywack Papers 6×6 inches (3)
- Me&My Big Idea Baby Boy Mambi Sheets 12 x 12 inches (1)
- Domino Pizza Bag 12 x 10 inches
- Baby is from Too Cute by Jessica 5 x 4 inches
- Boy Blocks where created by me on the silhouette they are 2 x 2 inches
- Sliver Flat Back Pearls (3)
- Recollections Paper Navy Blue 12 x 12 was cut 11 and half inches by 9 and half (11.50 x 9.50)
- Recollections Paddywack Papers 6×6 inches had 3 different papers. Two where cut at 3 by 4 inches and one was cut 2 an half by 4. (Two 3 x 4 and one 2.5 x 4 inches)
- I originally plan to use Misskatescuttables but ended falling in love with the Baby is from Too Cute by Jessica. You can find it here www.toocutebyjessica.com/item_877/Baby-New-Year-2016.htm (he was cut five inches by 4 inches (5 x 4 inches)
- The boy Blocks where created by me on the silhouette they are 2 x 2 inches
- Then I used three sliver Flat Back Pearls that I had gotten at Michael’s out of the 75 cent bin.
Well I’m just catching up on all my loot create and Anime Loot Create. That I had to post it all in one go. So scroll down and have a ball as I show you all my loot.