Yes, I am doing a recap on this from February 13, 2013. I wanted to do a pro and con list for each of these stores:
Etsy – Con
- Fees/Cost – for each item you post and quantity, anything you sell Etsy gets a cut, and shipping
- No Self-Promoting (this can be good or bad on how you want to be promoted)
- Break down of Fees from Etsy – www.etsy.com/uk/help/article/136
Etsy – Pro
- Nice Website
- Promoted Well
- Easy Navigation
- Blog Tutorials
- Community Groups
Now looking at the list the Pros do out wait the Cons but as I said in the video you get what you pay for.
Storenvy – Con
- No Promoting
- All Self-Promoting (this can be good or bad on how you want to be promoted)
- Your Store Website you get for free not the best. If you know HTML, you will know how to make it look the way you want. But for a novice like me, it doesn’t work.
- After I close my shop I am still getting follower add to my shop. (Which is very suspicious, because I close my store in February… why do I still have followers clicking to be added if there are no products? Just checked my account I have 11 people just added to my site… Why?)
Storenvy – Pro
- It’s free – unlimited amount of product you want to post, no fee for shipping, or storenvy will not get a cut of what you sell… if you sell.
- Self-Promoting (this can be good or bad on how you want to be promoted)
- If you know HTML, you will know how to make your store front look the way you want.
Okay Storenvy is 50/50, if you do a lot of YouTube, Pinterest, or any other social media and have a somewhat large fan base you could be successful. Really it’s all comes to you and how much efforts you put in to your business.