Etsy Christmas Stocking Card using Stampin Up Frostwood Lodge made Cheap
Now I am all for Etsy crafter however some of the prices they offer for cards is just outrages, and as you know I am an economically frugal aka cheap. So if I can make it at home and save myself 20 bucks for 5 cards I will. So I rolled around in my scraps, took out my die cutting machine, some ribbon, then stamps, and got to work.
Side note: check out your local ads whether it’s Michaels, JoAnn’s, Hobby Lobby or whatever, and I will tell you why. You can find pattern paper cheap, for example Michaels is or was selling 12×12 pattern paper for 6 for 1 dollar, which comes out to 17 cents a sheet. I was able to make 5 cards under a dollar.
- 4 Strips of ½ inch Coordinating Pattern Paper
- Tacky glue or Double Side Tape Runner
- Cream Cardstock
- Pink Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- 1 ½ inch Snowflake Stamp (Optimal)
- Green Ink
- Greeting Stamp
- Small Dots Stamp
- Red Ribbon
- Pink or Sheer Ribbon
- Clear Glitter Glue
- Pop Dots
- 2 inch Stocking Die Cut
Card Set Up
- Cut your card at 7 ¼ x 4 3/4, score it in half giving you 3 11/16 inches.
- Cut your cream cardstock at 4 ½
- Put glue or double sided tape on the back of your ½ inch coordinating pattern paper strips.
- Lay two strip of pattern paper vertically at the top of your cream cardstock. Give a small gap at the top. Then crises cross two more strip horizontally to the far end of your cream cardstock. (see above photo as reference)
- Stamp a snowflake on to white cardstock and fussy cut it. This is optional as you can use any kind of snowflake. Place your snowflake at the intersection of your strips of pattern paper.
- Cut a 2 inch of the red, pink/sheer ribbon, and 4 inches of the twine. Wrap the twine in the center of your red and pink ribbon making a bow in the middle. Place a bead of tacky glue at the center of your snowflake and center your ribbon bow.
- Cut your stocking out of pink and trimmings out of white cardstock. Using your small dots stamps but green dots onto your white cardstock trimmings. Glue your stocking together.
- Glue your stocking underneath your snowflake.
- Stamp your greetings onto the far end of your card
10. Then add clear glitter glue over your card to give it a finished effect.